Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Journal - Week 3

Alrighty, I started this week with the assignment that had me create a method of organization for a collection of thinks I have, (or want). I chose art books because I have a very large and diverse collection of them. Then I did the assignment that dealt with two different databases; the SCC library catalogue and ProQuest. That assignment was a a little more of a headache but I got it done. I then got on my own college library's web site and found three books that deal with racism, (my topic to study this quarter). The last thing I did was definitely the most exciting. I went to my college library and spent a full hour bugging the librarian and information clerks with my questions and problems.

To sum up, I think I had a pretty good week of work. I guess I'll know for sure when I see my grade. It was a pretty busy week for me though and now I'm feeling pretty worn down.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Patrick: I am glad you had a good week!
    Please follow the Blog Guidelines in writing your blog entry. I'll post them below so you'll have them handy. :) Francine

    Guidelines
    The subject line for each blog entry should be “Journal – Week 2" or "Journal - Week 3 "etc.

    Part 1. Reflections on Course Content

    * A paragraph on how you completed each assignment. (For example: "I used the Seattle Central Community College Library system and tried using ProQuest and Ethnic Newswatch to find articles on my topic.")
    * Observations about the results of your search. Don't forget to tell your instructor what terms worked best! (For example: "My first search in ProQuest was too general and I got several hundred articles. When I reviewed the list of articles I learned that a more specific term got better results.")

    Part 2. Applications to your Life

    * Comments about the assignments. Did you run into problems? Did you learn anything important? How did you feel as you worked on the assignments?
    * Comments on your personal learning and time and stress management issues for this week.

    Each blog entry should be about 150 words, and should cover each of the above areas. Please use proper English, punctuation and grammar and avoid abbreviations like "IMHO" and "LOL." And, keep in mind that your blog is on the web. Don't post anything you wouldn't want your mother, sister, spouse, friends, employer, etc. to read.

    ReplyDelete