Sunday, January 25, 2009

Journal – Week 2

I started my work this week by finding three global topics, which I can research over the quarter. Using the world news sites I chose three topics I thought might be worth researching: Children in the Middle Eastern warzones, racism against Gypsies and other minority groups, and financial inequality in wealthy countries. Then, using the IPL and Google Directory I found two sites for my Web Sources assignment that I may end up using for researching my chosen topic. The sites I found were both social news sites hosted by two different human rights groups that are startlingly similar, (with different news articles for me to use). After that I created my blog, which I will use once a week until the end of this quarter. After that I took a look at the resources my college library has for distance learners, (which is probably a pretty good thing to know). Then I chose the topic I wanted to research out of my three topic ideas. I chose “Racism against Gypsies and other minority groups” as a research subject. This is my last assignment – to summarize my week of work.

I did have a couple problems figuring things out – mainly with my responses to my classmates’ posts. I’m hoping to do better on that aspect next week and I’ll make sure to read through ALL the assignment guidelines. Other than that, I did not have any major problems and I’m looking forward to another week

No comments:

Post a Comment